Thursday, August 9, 2012

Comfort Zones

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!"
I think that if there is one thing I am the most excited about this year, it is the chance to escape my comfort zone. Not that I think comfort is a bad thing; it can be a healing gift from God. It can't be all bad when the Bible clearly supports that Heaven will be comfortable.
But it can also be dangerous, I know it has been for me sometimes. I think that in my American culture I have unintentionally become numb to comfort. And numbness, unless medically induced, is NOT a good thing. What I mean by being numb in my comfort is that there are too many things I take for granted. There are too many times I do not challenge the status quo - I cave to it when I know I was born for more. I mean that there are too many times when my comfort causes me to act on my own selfish behalf.
I here are some lessons I am hoping to learn more about this year, and I'm sure I will continue to share about:
1 -The world is full of opportunities and potential if we look for it. 2 -Just because things have always been that way doesn't mean that's the way they have to stay that way. 3 -One of the best ways to grow is by being uncomfortable. It stretches you, makes you realize what you're really capable of, helps simplify your life and allows you to focus on what actually matters without distraction.
I am so excited for the growth that will come from this year. I am looking at this time as a time to grow my Walk with Christ exponentially. I am excited to be in a place where I have no choice but to TRUST God, and I will be in trouble if He doesn't come through. I'm excited to peel away some varnish and get back to basics. I feel so free going into this new chapter of life with this as my only expectation: God has great things in store I have no doubt, and I am so excited to dive into the treasure trove of Europe to discover them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment