Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thankful Thursday Week 8 and 9!

Friday 1-11-12
  1. Dual German/English translations of The Bible! Hopefully it will help me pick up a little German!  
  2. His love never fails, never gives up, never runs out on me!
  3. Extra time to spend and laugh with Kiara since she had the day off of school.
  4. Getting in touch with another single girl about my age who wants to do some traveling! :)
  5. Microwaves.  
Saturday 1-12-13 
  1. Girl Scout Cookies. :)
  2. Good books offering a lot of wisdom! 
  3. Warm boots.
  4. BBQ-ed cheese burgers and braats. Even if it was snowy outside. :) There's a first for me. :)
  5. God never changes.
Sunday 1-13-13
  1. A nice, down day that included lots of reading.
  2. Perfect Love casts out all fear!
  3. Finding rest at Jesus feet. 
  4. Sleep. 
  5. Old, comfortable sweatshirts. 
Monday 1-14-13
  1. Bible Studies! (If anyone hasn't done A Beth Moore Study, I encourage you to do one. At the risk of being a complete groupie, they've been a blessing to me! But it's not about HER but Jesus using her! Pretty cool!)
  2. Friends who have encouraging things to say!
  3. Getting pictures of the antics of the youngest 3 in action. :)
  4. Christ is Human!
  5. God is long-suffering!
Tuesday 1-15-13
  1. Light snow flakes falling and you can see each individual one.
  2. Snow on roof tops. 
  3. Dimples. I am the BIGGEST sucker for them. 
  4. Space heaters...again. It's getting COLD here (obviously) and I don't even want to know what my room would be like without it!
  5. The song from For King and Country "Proof of Your Love." It's becoming my battle cry. Apparently they were featured on Jay Leno a few nights ago, singing this song which directly quotes The Love Chapter. I have no idea if they were interviewed (and if so how it went) BUT I'm thankful that a song with such a BIBLICAL message was proclaimed in a dark place! Don't get cynical. God's always at work and full of surprises! Even where you'd least expect it!
Wednesday 1-16-13
  1. Working Hands hand cream! It's literally saving my skin. :)
  2. God is Eternal. Pretty comforting to have Somebody who has no limits and transcends time in charge around here. :)
  3. Packages that FINALLY arrive...almost a month later! But hey, better late than never! :)
  4. I'm safe in Christ!
  5. Home remedies to help take the edge off of sinus infections. 
Thursday 1-17-13
  1. He frees me from worries!
  2. Good sleep!
  3. Reading with the kids.
  4. Stickers on my cheeks. :) I was made "glamamous" by Sis today. :)
  5. My cousins success in finishing school! It's been a long road for her with a lot of health issues on top of just normal life happening and slapping you once in a while. But she's persevered, and end is in sight and I'm so proud of her! I rejoice in your success with you Cole! :)

Friday 1-18-13
My Christmas package came today, bringing a lot of new things to be thankful for!! Thanks a TON family!!! :)
  1. A picture book of the kids that Holli made for me. :)
  2. New iPod touch!!! :)
  3. Nettie Pot! :)
  4. Reece's cups! :)
  5. A stuffed Baxter. :) 
Saturday 1-19-13
  1. Really good Ethiopian coffee. 
  2. Shane and Shane's song "Before the Throne"! Take a listen.
  3. God's relentless pursuit of me!
  4. Advil!
  5. iTunes gift cards!
Sunday 1-20-13 
  1. Sunny, snowy, crisp mornings. 
  2. Time to rest, read and write.
  3. God is always for me!
  4. Those days when you change from pjs only to put sweats on and throw your hair in a pony tail. I like the simplicity.
  5. Redemption
Monday 1-21-13
  1. People who are kind and hospitable to foreigners. I've been around a few people like this today and it's refreshing. If you're nice to them, they're nice to you. :)
  2. God is for me. 
  3. Sleeping in.
  4. You cant catch God off Guard!
  5. Ham!
 Tuesday 1-22-13
  1. My hair straightener. I know it's vain, but I kinda have an emotional attachment to it. :)
  2. My new watch I got for Christmas. 
  3. Robinhood! Brings back such quality, fond memories! :)
  4. Hilarious, cute moments that only a camera can catch. 
  5. I have full access to all the power Christ did through The Spirit! That's pretty mind boggling! 
Wednesday 1-23-13
  1. My cousin! Happy Birthday Nick! 
  2. Dance parties.
  3. Hilarious antics from the twins. Never a dull moment... 
  4. God is eternal.
  5. "You came and you rescued me, showed me life as its meant to be, so beautiful!" God, may I never forget where I've come from! 
Thursday 1-24-1
  1. Headbands.
  2. God is Gracious. 
  3. Tissues.
  4. Money randomly found in coat pockets.
  5. Potty Training success continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment