Saturday, May 11, 2013

Rising Up and Calling Them Blessed.

A favorite classic. At a mother-daughter tea at church...uh, couple of years ago... ;)


My mom has always been one of my best friends. And she deserves that spot in my life. What else do you call the person who carried, prayed and advocated for you inside of her during a pregnancy that had some scary potential outcomes? Yeah, I'd call that a friend. She did everything for me until I was big enough to do it on my own. She's handled my meltdowns and fits. (The ones from two years old to present day.) She gets my dumb sense of humor and quirks. Between all the Dr.'s, surgeries, injuries, and ER visits she definitely deserves the "I-Raised-Three-Accident-Prone-Kids-And-Lived-To-Tell-About-It" Award. As I got older I can't tell you how many projects, papers, and other homework assignments she helped my brothers and me through. (I know my old math books especially are probably covered with her blood, sweat and tears.  I do words, letters and paragraphs not numbers, formulas and equations.) It was a rare occasion that she missed cheering at any of our games, school programs, and other, similar activities. I was raised with high expectations without pressure or stress of my value being tied to those expectations being met. I didn't have to excel at everything, but just to do my best in what I went after and was asked to do. Next to my Dad, I don't think there's anyone else who has shaped me, spoken as much wisdom into my life and been my number one encourager and affirm-er. Not like my mom. She knows and shows a lot about grace, how to extend and receive it. God has made her to be one of the most authentic people I know. My mom models the pursuit of trusting God in all things, and clearing out more room in your life for Him to work in. She's not perfect, and she'll be the first to tell you that. But let me be the first to tell you I didn't need perfect, I needed her. I don't think anyone would've done a better job at being my mom and a true friend. I love you, Marmee. Thanks for everything. In this season of life, I now I have a much clearer picture of what that everything looked like, and for that I'm blessed and thankful!



This was on our family vacation to Maui.  Ah yes..my awkward stage. :)
   
I'd be remiss to not express how I've also been so blessed to have the impact of my Grandmas in my life. They have a piece of my heart that nobody else does, and have taught and seen me through so much in my life. I'm incredibly thankful for for them. Their prayers, love and support in my life have been invaluable, and I ask God to return that blessing to them. My life is so much richer and brighter because of them and they are a beautiful gift I don't deserve.
   

With my Gammy (Grandma Alexander, left) and Grandma Glaser (right) just before my brothers wedding! This is definitely one of the most special and favorite pictures I have. :)


Marmee, Grandma and Gammy, I love you and thank you! I hope you have a Beautiful Mother's Day and I can't wait to hug you next! I'm not sure what I'd do without you but I'm so glad I don't have to find out!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment