My Dad, ladies and gentlemen. :)
My dad has been there for me so many times. He's come to my rescue ever since I was a little kid - from banged up knees to banged up feelings. Often, he's dropped everything at once to come to my aid, from all those times as a little kid, to flat tire. My dad's goofy enough that he's not above a practical joke or two. (Dad, I just wanna say thanks again for masterminding that one time Brian broke out the fog horn. While I was sleeping outside on our trampoline. With my cousin. And my dog. Who proceeded to bay his guts out at the apparent imposter and eventually got so scared he peed on us. Yeah, it's funny now. In a tragic sort of way.) But my dad's also wise enough to encourage me with this, which I don't think I'll ever forget: "Trusting God isn't about the times you think you have life under control and it all seems to be going your way. It's about coming to the place you finally realize you never had any control and there in fact seems to be an impending calamity. That's the true test of faith." Yes, he's taught me so many things over the years....from little things about sheep, to the importance of fresh perspectives. He makes me feel safe, important and loved. My Dad's hug is probably the place I feel most protected, like nothing can go wrong. My life is so much richer because of my Daddy. We have walked through a lot of life lessons together, and he's been one of my constant listening ears and givers of advise. I would be a completely different person if I didn't have my dad in my life.
So here's to you, Poppi. Thanks so much for all you've done for me and your impact in my life. I love you so much and thank Jesus for giving you to me as my daddy. I hope you feel as valuable and irreplaceable today as you are!
Happy Fathers Day, Poppi, can't wait to hug you again!!
![]() |
| Just a lazy Saturday Summer afternoon a few years ago! We kidnapped my nephew, Braedon, and went to Foster Lake! |
My dad has been there for me so many times. He's come to my rescue ever since I was a little kid - from banged up knees to banged up feelings. Often, he's dropped everything at once to come to my aid, from all those times as a little kid, to flat tire. My dad's goofy enough that he's not above a practical joke or two. (Dad, I just wanna say thanks again for masterminding that one time Brian broke out the fog horn. While I was sleeping outside on our trampoline. With my cousin. And my dog. Who proceeded to bay his guts out at the apparent imposter and eventually got so scared he peed on us. Yeah, it's funny now. In a tragic sort of way.) But my dad's also wise enough to encourage me with this, which I don't think I'll ever forget: "Trusting God isn't about the times you think you have life under control and it all seems to be going your way. It's about coming to the place you finally realize you never had any control and there in fact seems to be an impending calamity. That's the true test of faith." Yes, he's taught me so many things over the years....from little things about sheep, to the importance of fresh perspectives. He makes me feel safe, important and loved. My Dad's hug is probably the place I feel most protected, like nothing can go wrong. My life is so much richer because of my Daddy. We have walked through a lot of life lessons together, and he's been one of my constant listening ears and givers of advise. I would be a completely different person if I didn't have my dad in my life.
So here's to you, Poppi. Thanks so much for all you've done for me and your impact in my life. I love you so much and thank Jesus for giving you to me as my daddy. I hope you feel as valuable and irreplaceable today as you are!
Happy Fathers Day, Poppi, can't wait to hug you again!!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment