You could probably say, I'm a proud auntie. :) I love my nephews and nieces, they're basically the loves of my life. I don't think there's anything I wouldn't do for them. And God has used them to help me see new levels of His love. I find many some likenesses between His love for me, and my love -however imperfect mine is- for these precious kiddos.
~First? I love them for no other reason than that they are mine. They are related to me, and that's all it took for them to steal my heart....I need no other reason. :) They did absolutely nothing besides exist to win me over - that's the only reason I need to love them. In the same way, that's reason enough for God to love us. A reason which I will never understand fully but will always be grateful for. I've done nothing to earn His love, and because of the nature of Who God is, He'd never ask me to strive for that totally unattainable goal.
~I also find that I love all of them equally. They are each as precious as the other, and I'm especially fond of all of them individually, because I have a special connection with all of them. I'm so thankful for God's perfect and equal love. He shows no favor and I'm constantly asking Him to help me love like that better.
~There's nothing that they could do to make me love them less or more- regardless of what they say, do, how make me feel, or any of these things, my love is stable. I'm so thankful that Gods love is constant, only He knows how much I need it, the many times I unwittingly take advantage of it. The basis of God's love for me isn't what I do, but who I am. I am His and that's enough reason for Him to love me. And that's why God's love stays constant.
~At the risk of sounding like a cliche, romantic martyr, I would stop at nothing to protect them if they were in danger. I would actually die for any or all of them if it meant they could be saved. I would die for one, or all (almost!) 5. And dying for one as opposed to all of them would never feel like a waste, because my goal is that they are all safe, that's all that matters to me. In the same way, God in His great love for all of us stopped at nothing. You and I were so valuable to Him that He was willing to pay the life of Christ to redeem us. As individuals and as a human race. Even if you were the only one who who was in danger, God would gladly pay the price again.
I rest in God's love, as I write this, so thankful that His love is complete, whole and true. And I'm so thankful for the way He reveals His love to me in little ways every day. I invite you to grab His love with me. It's there for the taking. You are somebody delighted in....treasured...worth dying for. You are not tolerated - you are INVITED!
No comments:
Post a Comment