Wednesday, June 6, 2012
Love: The Overflow
So now that I have become more aware of God's love and am learning how to accept it and really let His love wash over me there's really one basic thing left to do: give.
I know there is so much that covers giving Gods love. It can look so different for all of us. Our calling and how we give out that Love will depend on how God created us: personality, skills, gifts weaknesses and strengths. Its not how the calling looks that matters, but how engaged we are in that calling and what it costs us. Just like the widow didn't give a huge *amount* (in so far as that she didn't have much to give) but that was unimportant because she gave all she had. She gave sacrificially without question or reserve.
That's how I want to give. Because that's how I was given to. So really by giving Gods love away that has been given to me I am not giving anything of mine away. And since Gods love is a completely renewable resource that will never end that means that I will never run out of love to give.
I don't want to keep Gods love all to myself. I don't want to be found in Heaven one day with harsh regrets that I didn't take chances that God gave me. I don't want to hoard His love. The reason I was given His love in the first place was to bless others and give it away. None of Gods children were rescued to just be rescued. We were given His love as a testimony. We were given live to bring life. Blessed to bless. We were meant to give away. We were told to go and bless. I mean God Himself exists in the overflow of His love - Father, Son, Holy Ghost. It took three manifestations of God to accurately hold and display His love for us. Think about that. Let it humble and wash over you.
I guess this is where I am left now after exploring and trying better to understand Gods love. I want to share it. I want others to experience it. I want to model it...how ever imperfectly it will be. I want people to see Jesus in me. Because His love is just too good to selfishly and perpetually stalk up on. It must be shared, never hoarded! And I ask you to join me in striving for this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment