A couple of days ago I had a really great reunion with The Apostle Paul in one of my favorite places - his letter to the Philippians. I have read it so many times and marked it up pretty extensively over the years. So I love finding truths in it that overwhelm and refresh me in new ways. And I've even had the same experience and blessing from this particular passage on several occasions - which makes it even sweeter to me. The sweet, familiar, and yet still somehow unanticipated kiss from Love Himself.
- An exhortation to rejoice. -NOT a suggestion.
- The promise of God's presence! -Reason to rejoice!
- A challenge to not worry! About anything! At all! Ever! But pray! With thanksgiving! All the time! -Method to combat anxiety!
- The promise of God's unspeakable peace and protection! -More reason to rejoice!
I just stand in awe all over again about God's timing with this. What in the world to do with all this Grace? I needed to be reminded of those blessings today...I needed that kiss. I need His promises. Like I need air, I need His promises. I catch myself worrying about the future so much that it embarrasses me. I don't want that. I want to live in courageous faith in Christ. God's presence gives courage. When He is near, all is right in the world...even when it's not...yet. How desperately I need to rejoice in that more. No body can make me feel safer, has desired me more tirelessly, or loved and valued me higher.
He has given me citizenship in Heaven! When I live in that citizenship now, that's where I find His presence. In an eternal mindset I can stay focused on the end, on the future. Because when I think about my future, I can live in a joy-filled place. When I think about my future, I regain perspective and realize how dumb all this worrying is anyways. Because one day 99% of what happens in this day-to-day life won't matter, and most of what I worry over won't ever probably happen anyways. When I think about my future, all I can see is how breathtaking my Groom is, even past the ugliness this world faces now. When I think about my future, I'm healed and whole and free and safe. Because in that place I'm hidden in Shadow of His Wing. When I think about my future, I can live in a thankful place, because I understand the downhill spiral life would take in the next life without God's relentless pursuit of me. When I think about the future, I can live a courageous, focused, intentional life to the full -without any bondage. When I think about the future, I can live life contented, thrilled that no matter how bad or good things get here, The Great Wedding Day will beat all.
He has given me citizenship in Heaven! When I live in that citizenship now, that's where I find His presence. In an eternal mindset I can stay focused on the end, on the future. Because when I think about my future, I can live in a joy-filled place. When I think about my future, I regain perspective and realize how dumb all this worrying is anyways. Because one day 99% of what happens in this day-to-day life won't matter, and most of what I worry over won't ever probably happen anyways. When I think about my future, all I can see is how breathtaking my Groom is, even past the ugliness this world faces now. When I think about my future, I'm healed and whole and free and safe. Because in that place I'm hidden in Shadow of His Wing. When I think about my future, I can live in a thankful place, because I understand the downhill spiral life would take in the next life without God's relentless pursuit of me. When I think about the future, I can live a courageous, focused, intentional life to the full -without any bondage. When I think about the future, I can live life contented, thrilled that no matter how bad or good things get here, The Great Wedding Day will beat all.
It
gives me perspective and keeps me grounded and centered. And I think
every once in a while that's all I really need. To just breathe, focus
and take life as it comes. So for the next time Satan tries to get me all worked up about the future, I'm beginning to formulate a response. I think it will go something like this "My future? Do you really want to bring that up right now? Let's be honest...we both know how this story ends. And it doesn't end well for you. But Christ gave His all and He made sure it ends pretty well for me. Incredibly well actually, and far better than it should. I don't deserve it, but would be a fool not to accept it. But since you're obviously dying to worry about the future, lets. I get to ask the questions first though. Question #1: How bad do you think it's gonna suck for you when Christ finally stomps you for good and binds your sorry little you-know-what...forever? Yeah, that's gonna be a bad day. Wow...forever is a long time..." And then, I am going to enjoy the silence from his end. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment