I think one of the reasons I love to reflect on God's abilities is because it brings me so much peace, because I'm so incompetent in so many things. There's so much I fail at, and if I'm not failing, I'm probably not thriving or overwhelmingly succeeding. There are probably many other people who could do just about all of the things I've done in my life a lot better than I can. And I have no problem telling you that. And I have even less of a problem telling you about The First One who comes to mind.
When I think about God's Able-ness (And no I don't think that's actually a word, but just go with me here.) and really try to grab hold of it, like I mentioned earlier, it brings me to a Peaceful Place. Because God being able to do something isn't like me being able to do something. I think I have two categories my abilities fall under. First, there are plenty of things that I can do, but don't come really naturally to me. I can get the job done, but I just can't make any promises on how well I'll do it, and I know there are people out there who can do and enjoy it way better, and it will come much more naturally to. Then, on the opposite end of the spectrum, there are some things I can learn to excel at, and come pretty easily to me, but not before much growth, trial-and-error and Grace of The Lord being poured out. I can learn to become good at what I'm doing, but no matter how good I am, somebody's always going to be better, and challenges will come up. But when you learn to thrive in those challenges, that's when you know you've fallen in that "sweet spot".
But you know what the cool thing is? God doesn't have a sweet spot. It's ALL His sweet spot! Have you ever thought of that?! I truly believe that not only is there nothing that's too difficult for The Lord, but that there's nothing at all that's difficult for Him what so ever. Nothing is challenging for The Lord. There's nothing out there that makes Him struggle. It's all too easy for Him. I seriously just can't imagine God breaking a sweat when He's creating the Earth, thinking to Himself "Shoot! Creating those Oceans sure took it out of me today!" All He had to do was speak. And if God can make creating a whole world and the spinning of the galaxy's look like child's play, than isn't that true of everything else? Sometimes, He just does things just because He can out of the overflow of who He is and it pleases Him. And just because He's able doesn't mean things always go our way. I know He's able to do something my heart truly desires and cries out for, but sometimes He chooses not to or holds off. But you know what? Even in that, I know that He's Able to provide what I need to accept that He is going to display His glory in a different way. I know He is also Able to see the whole picture of my life, and all of time and know what's best over all, even if it's not what I want.
I find rest and a whole lot of blessings in the fact that God is Able. Nothing is too hard for Him. And that combined with His promise to be at work inside of believers hearts and lives through The Holy Spirit is pretty amazing and overwhelming. The fact that God is Able can and should show in our lives every day. I'm praying for opportunities to live in God's Able-ness, and to have Him be strong where I'm not.
What is God able to do for you this week? Trust Him to do something amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment