An entire month without make-up. What made me do it? Because I'm tired of hearing lies and I'm tired of other people in my life believing lies. I'm tired of people presenting their best foot forward at all times, and never letting their guards down. I'm sick of the way that society has been twisted into believing that people's plastic version of themselves is true.
Beauty is an issue that goes deep into the cores of women, and it begins at an early age. Why? Because we're created in God's image and a huge part of who God is, is beauty. God is glorious, He's radiant, captivating, pure, breathtaking. What we even as little girls dream of being.
But somehow our view of beauty has become dangerously shallow and only reflects a portion of what it's supposed to. We have somehow turned our focus of beauty only to the external, completely neglecting the truest form of beauty reflected in a person's heart, spirit and character.
So, I've learned about beauty this month. It's taught me about my own insecurities. I'm less worried about what people think of me. I've been reminded that God sees my heart and who I am - good, bad and indifferent and loves me the same. I'm reminded that sometimes the truest form of beauty is actually us in all our raw, flawed honesty. I'm reminded of the freedom in authenticity.
So I invite my friends to join and celebrate true beauty - of the heart and of the adornment of the temple God has given us. I encourage all of us to pursue and learn more about being actually lovely instead of what culture tells us is lovely. Let's celebrate who God's created us to be, because all of us are covered in His finger prints.
No comments:
Post a Comment