Thursday, December 27, 2012

Thankful Things Week 5.

Friday 12-21-12
  1. I woke up this morning. We all almost didn't...wasn't looking good for a while there. ;)
  2. Encouraging blogs. Again. This is the same one I've mentioned before. Honestly, I encourage you to also follow Alyssa Bethke's blog if you don't. She just married Jeff Bethke (He's the guy who's a Christian speaker and poet, and the same guy who wrote and performed "Why I love Jesus but hate religion." if that helps you place who he is.) this October. She's a wise young woman who I feel like I've met and become friends with though I haven't had the pleasure. :) I look forward to one day though. If not in this life, the next. And she's only a few hours from home, since she lives in the Seattle/Tacoma area. :) Ah, just the occasional reference to the North West makes me feel a little at home. :)
  3. Cork boards. 
  4. My nephews and nieces. Wow I miss them.
  5. Adoption. Especially as it will (Lord willing!) gift me with another niece someday before too long, and further down the road, my own kids. 
 Saturday 12-22-12
  1. The chance to finish Christmas shopping.
  2. People watching at a mall in a coffee shop with a tall latte'.
  3. Diapers. I'm realizing how rough and messy infancy must have been in the day that Jesus was born.  
  4. Beautiful Christmas songs!
  5. Even as I write this, I have doggy hair on me. Wow I miss Baxy! I love dogs!
Sunday 12-23-12
  1. New, warm slippers.
  2. Beautiful, authentic German cities with Christmas Markets!
  3. Christmas lives IN ME!
  4. Hot soup.
  5. Schneeballen (Or however you spell them!) Basically a German Pastry that is dipped in chocolate, rolled in almonds and is Heaven for your taste buds. :)

Monday 12-24-12
  1. Jesus becoming flesh!
  2. Sunshine on Christmas Eve!
  3. Jesus willingly becoming a Suffering Servant!
  4. Christmas music playing in the neighborhood.
  5. Little kid's and the things they say. I owe a few good giggles I've had today to them.
Tuesday 12-25-12
  1. The Manger!
  2. The Cross!
  3. The Empty Toomb!
  4. The security of Heaven!
  5. The hope that all of the above combined gives to me!
Wednesday 12-26-12
  1. Duct Tape projects.
  2. Moments when the kids slow down to cuddle. For 30 seconds. :)
  3. New PJ's 
  4. Weather warming up,  and sunshine!
  5. The Humanity of Christ!
Thursday 12-27-12
  1. A Christmas card from my Grandparents. I miss them. <3
  2. Good cooking!
  3. Jesus listening to me. 
  4. Future travel plans.
  5. God is a God of Adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment